mercoledì 11 aprile 2007

My YouTube experience

YouTube is a very interesting tool. I first used it some months ago because a friend of mine published a video and told me to have a look at it. I first thought that there were only few videos and did not realize that it works like a search engine, in the sense that you just have to write in the keywords that interest you and a list of videos appears. These days, I watched a lot of videos, most of them were just funny, but others were really interesting.

I think YouTube can in some way replace television because you can choose what you want to see and people publish many things that were first shown on television. Moreover, it gives you the opportunity to watch videos in foreign languages and is therefore a useful tool to improve our language skills. The only problem using YouTube for me is that I get easily lost because when I do not know what exactly I am looking for I watch a lot of dull videos.

I found one video that particularly interested me. It is called "Crazy shirt folding" and when I saw it I was very surprised about the fact that actually there is another way to fold t-shirts. I did never think about it and I was really fascinated by this discovery because I love to find out new things about other cultures and I think it is extremely interesting to know that cultural background affects small things in everyday life.

Susanne

P.S. I tried to fold my shirts this way: it works perfectly and it is faster. Let me know what you think about it.


10 commenti:

avalonne83 ha detto...

Dear Susanne,

Thank you for the videos. I'll try to fold my T-shirt that way and then I'll let you know...

Yes, YouTube can be a powerful tool for improving our listening skill and also getting in touch with other people and different cultures.

Cheers,
tina

Ale T. ha detto...

Hi Susanne!
I think that the problem of getting lost in the websites is one of the greatest problem of the net: as when we had to look for some interesting blogs in delicious, in visiting YouTube your ideas have to be very very clear as well!Otherwise...you really don't know what you're going to find!

Elena ha detto...

Ahahaha!great!thank for this video, I'll try because I'm absolutely hopeless at homeworking :-)
Elena

Erica Buzz ha detto...

Yes....
Dear Susanne, as Martina wrote you, I'll try to fold my T-shirt that way, maybe not now given that is is 2.30 a.m. and I could fall asleep on my computer (I've just come back home from work and I'm really tired!).

YouTube offers opportunities to learn what we cannot even imagine (your video is an example of what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!)
Erica

Alida ha detto...

Dear Susanne,
...what can I say?? The video is amazing! I couldn't believe it when I first watch it. Did you really try to fold your t-shirt that way? Let me know your results!
Anyway what really struck my attention about your post was your idea of You Tube as a TV replacement. I had never considered it this way but it may be right as it gives you the possibility of choosing.
As we all noticed, You Tube provides a lot of material to help students inlanguage learning.
See you tomorrow
Ali

ilaria ha detto...

Dear Susi,
It is true that YouTube can even replace television: you can find videos on anything you want there! But most importantly I agree with you when you say that it is useful because you can see videos in different languages and real life experiences from other cultures, like the one in the video you put on your blog!

Viola ha detto...

Wow Susi,
great job, you really found one of the best videos you could find!I think that only a Chinese girl could have come up with such an idea, they are so weird! Anyway, I definetely agree with your opinion on YouTube!Love,
Viola

alex ha detto...

Wow it works! Nice choice Susie :) alexandra

Alessandra ha detto...

Dear Suzanne, this video is amazing! II tried to fold my T-shirt that way, but couldn't do it. Oh well, I'm hopeless.

Cheers
Alessandra

Her Royal Highness Susanne ha detto...

Hi everybody,

I really appreciated your comments!!:-) Thanks a lot. Personally, I folded the T-shirts this way and it worked :-). It was so amusing that I decided to share the video.

Approximately a month ago I was at home with a friend of mine and as there was nothing interesting on television we decided to look for funny videos on YouTube. The result: we had a great time and laughed a lot.

See you tomorrow,
Susanne