lunedì 2 aprile 2007

Reflective Blogging 3

During the last skype exchange I talked together with Maria Chiara to an American boy whose name is Anthony. At the beginning, it was a bit difficult because sometimes we interrupted each other but after a few minutes the conversation was fluent and we had a lot of fun! Anthony told us about fraternities (he belongs to one but could not tell us about the initiation which seems to be top secret), about spring break and American culture. As I pointed out last week, I think that these skype exchanges are great and very useful because apart from speaking in English we learn a lot of things.


We have been dealing with the topic renewable energy for two weeks and I have to say that there were many things I did not know before we started to create the Alternative Energy Resources in Italy and in the USA pages and before our skype exchange. One issue that particularly interested me is the use of ethanol as an alternative fuel. We talked about it with Anthony and afterwards I surfed the net looking for useful information and wrote something about it on the wiki page.


I read what my classmates wrote and I think that we came up with a lot of interesting stuff. In this sense, collaborative writing is very productive and creative because as we all have different ideas, we write different things in a different way. However, I realized that people often write very interesting things but do not care about the form. In my opinion the form is important in a wiki page because, in order to attract the reader’s attention the page should be coherent and well structured. Moreover, if we collaborate respecting each others ideas we are able to create fantastic pages.


Susanne

Nessun commento: