venerdì 30 marzo 2007

My impressions of my new experience with feed aggregators

“Oh no, we have to explore another new tool!!! Last time it took me sooooooooooo long to understand how del.icio.us works. Hopefully, it will be easier this time! Ok, it seems not that difficult…I think I am able to follow Sarah’s explanation…?!?! Nooooooooo, what the hell does feed aggregator mean?!?!”.


Above I wrote down the thoughts that entered my mind last Tuesday, when we started to talk about bloglines. It was not easy to understand how del.icio.us works, and now, that we finally became more or less accustomed to use it, we have to explore a new tool. Do not misunderstand me, I really like the fact that we learn many useful things during our English course but I was a little worried that I may not understand immediately how bloglines works. However, this time it was not that difficult, because we managed to explore the tool during lesson and Sarah’s explanation was very clear.


My computer knowledge is improving day by day and I am very happy about that. Discovering bloglines this week was great! It is a very useful and practical instrument: you do not have to go to your favorite websites and check them out everyday but you get informed when new information is added. Websites which are regularly updated offer the possibility to subscribe to their site and consequently news aggregators visit the site and collect new information for you. This way you save time and energy. Moreover, bloglines offers the possibility to create playlists, that is, to give the blogs and websites you saved a ordered structure.


I subscribed to various sites, such as National Geographic, Delicious, Rolling Stone, etc. and I added all of my peers’ blogs. One interesting site I subscribed is The New York Times; if you subscribe you will be able to choose from a huge list the topics that interest you. Finally, I enjoyed exploring bloglines and it was easier than last time
:-).


Susanne


Photo source

3 commenti:

ilaria ha detto...

Dear Susi,
you're right: our computer knowledge is improving day because we are given the possibility to deal every week with a new programme, and for most of us that means learning everytime something completely new!
Bye bye

Elena ha detto...

Hi Susanne!
I remember last week in class, at first we were a bit worried. We had had some difficulties with delicious and we were prejudiced but this time it was much easier and we are all glad!
Elena

alex ha detto...

Dear Susi,

thank for your tip about The New York Times. I subscribed as well and I must say that it is very interesting because you can see many differences between Italian and American online newspapers - e.g. did you see the importance given to trivial topics? I mean not because of the topic itself but to the weight given to it in a national newspaper? Something like that would never to be found in Corriere della Sera, La Repubblica... (marriage...)

hugs
alexandra